It’s been windy, wet, and wild first day and a half for all the intrepid WaterTribers out there braving the elements. With an official weather hold announced, CP-1 will be kept open until tomorrow around noon. We don’t know yet about CP-2, but we do know this: no Challengers have gotten here yet.
The weather seems to be more extreme than last year, and crossing Tampa Bay, Sarasota Bay, and Charlotte Harbor are all very difficult in adverse weather. Our Challengers have gotten the brunt of the winds and waves for over 24 hours, and now, although the wind has clocked around 180 degrees, the seas may be even more confused and choppy. And tonight will get cold. Although I’d rather be out there than on shore typing, I’ll admit that being dry and drinking coffee out of a real cup is kinda nice too!
Good luck tonight everybody, and stay warm, safe, and sane.