It looks like this years’ Everglades, Ultra Marathon, and Ultimate Florida Challenges are really getting off to a challenging start… the winds and seas might even be rougher than last year. It’s a little warmer tonight, but by tomorrow night, it’ll be almost as cold as the drop in temperature in 2011, plus there’s a high chance of some SERIOUS rain. Keep these intrepid souls in your thoughts as they spend tonight huddled in the cockpits of kayaks, or surreptitiously flop down on a wet sand beach or under a dock somewhere, scrabbling for a few hours of rest. The sailors have it both better and worse than the kayakers… they have sails to drive them on, but they are headed into the wind, so there’s a lot of tacking going on, in some rough seas. These seas are what broke Clarity last year, so I empathize with them all as I await their arrival at CP-2. Good luck all, and good night.
- The Times Have Definitely Changed… claritysailingadventures.wordpress.com/2018/03/06/the… 2 weeks ago
- Just A Quick Note… claritysailingadventures.wordpress.com/2016/12/04/jus… 1 year ago
- Pictures From Checkpoint 2 – 2014 Everglades Challenge claritysailingadventures.wordpress.com/2016/02/06/pic… https://t.co/3xM5zyoKei 2 years ago
- Have you heard about the proposed plan to slash SNAP benefits for children, families and seniors in need? Read our… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- Congratulations to our CEO, @DavidGreen32! Tonight he was announced as @orlandosentinel's Central Floridian of the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- The time is right. #MLK https://t.co/6O5fkCF21T 2 months ago
- “There aren’t too many small boat voyagers left, and we are they. Those of us with experience sailing, paddling, and rowing light expeditionary craft on adventuresome treks have a bit of a duty to set good, seamanlike examples to those who are paying attention to what we do, both to further the passion, and ensure that those who follow our path do so in safety. For they, in turn, will be the ones to further the passion in years to come.”