Progress continues at our secret, high-tech (we have indoor plumbing) nautical experimentation facility… weather notwithstanding, the mast extension has been installed, mast hound relocated and a bail for the reacher halyard mounted, the cleats labeled for each halyard, and all shrouds checked for integrity. The inspection ports on the amas are installed, and, perhaps most importantly, the belt sander and I have machined off enough Almag alloy from the inner hinge castings to allow them to slide into the thicker (and, unfortunately heavier) center aka tubes. By the end of the weekend, the bulkheads and daggerboard trunk should be installed, the akas should be assembled, and we might even have the amas put back on. There are currently bits scattered all over, but it’s a-comin’ together! Pictures will be posted later today.
- Just A Quick Note… claritysailingadventures.wordpress.com/2016/12/04/jus… 1 year ago
- Pictures From Checkpoint 2 – 2014 Everglades Challenge claritysailingadventures.wordpress.com/2016/02/06/pic… https://t.co/3xM5zyoKei 1 year ago
- A Sad Day On The Water In Fiji claritysailingadventures.wordpress.com/2015/11/29/a-s… https://t.co/J4QwsFiRaE 2 years ago
- Together, with the help of Hunger Heroes like you, we have accomplished incredible things this year! As validation… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 days ago
- At Feeding Children Everywhere, we have so much to be thankful for, but most of all we are thankful for you!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 weeks ago
- Thank you to all of our nation's veterans! We are committed to those who have bravely served our country. #fed40… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- “There aren’t too many small boat voyagers left, and we are they. Those of us with experience sailing, paddling, and rowing light expeditionary craft on adventuresome treks have a bit of a duty to set good, seamanlike examples to those who are paying attention to what we do, both to further the passion, and ensure that those who follow our path do so in safety. For they, in turn, will be the ones to further the passion in years to come.”