I’ve picked up the crossbeam tubing (cut to proper lengths by my supplier, even though I did have to buy the whole 20′ length)… whoa, that stuff is SOLID!  I’m glad I didn’t increase the beam of the boat… the 8 extra pounds is PLENTY!  Machining out the tubes should prove interesting.  I’m going to try a standard engine cylinder hone with coarse stones, and a water drip to clean, cool, and lubricate the tube.  It’ll drip into a pan to collect the aluminum shavings/dust.  Fun fun fun!

This entry was posted in General Comments, Repairs and Modifications. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s